LSC serves as a pivotal point for social change, sustainable natural resource management and skill development.
LSC shall contribute to improved social, economic, natural and institutional development through:
- Association building of Forest/NRM User Groups with special focus on the PVSE sects of the society and empowering them for collaborative and democratic natural resource management of the district and
- Coordination and collaboration among people and concerned stakeholders at watershed area interlinks between Churia and Terai.
Immediate Objective (Goal):
LSC shall contribute to improved and sustainable livelihood security and well-being of the poor, vulnerable and socially excluded including rural population in the district through: a) sustainable Churia hill Conservation with improved integrated watershed management, climate adaptation and skill development b) increased equality in power, capacities, access and control over resources with socio- environmental and economic transformation in watershed area interlinking upstream and downstream stakeholders between Churia and Terai through capacity building, coordination, advocacy and Popular co management.
- The Life School Centre is developed and maintained the centre as non- profit, non-formal lifelong learning place in the area of natural resources, climate change adaptation, social justice and poverty reduction.
- LSC has established platform for socio- environmental and economic transformation in watershed area interlinking upstream and downstream stakeholders between Churia and Terai through capacity building, coordination, advocacy and Popular co management.
- LSC will promote awareness and mobilizing people’s organizations, forest/NRM Users Groups and stakeholders, enabling them to deliver goods/ natural biological products and services through Churia forest Conservation and sustainable CBNRM through follow up community based monitoring system.
- LSC will facilitate and mobilize people’s organizations and forest/NRM Users Groups to influence over national policies on forest and NRM issues in favor of livelihood security through campaign and advocacy.
- LSC will promote sustainable and regenerative building technologies.
- LSC will continue to provide space and services in organizing different types of trainings, workshops, seminar and meetings.