In partnership with President Chure-TaraiMadhesh Conservation Development Board, GoN, LSC is implementing District Social Mobilization Program/ PCTMCD program in Siraha district in association with INSES, Siraha from June 2015 to till July 2016.
- Institution Building-Formation of Chure-Tarai Conservation Groups at balan river system, SIraha
- Social mobilization and capacity building to the Chure-Tarai Conservation Groups in watershed.
- Formation of eco clubs in the school and NRM activities.
- Peoples’ awareness towards chure conservation and watershed management
With the support from CISU Among the partnership of Danish Forestry Extension, BH and SUYUK, Life School Centre Capacity Building project is being implemented from Oct 2013 to Feb 2016 for:
- Strengthening LSC and consortium members to be professional learning center and focal point for collaborative watershed management.
- Involving target groups in livelihood and income generating skills through collaborative and democratic NRM methods in coordination among multi stakeholder between upstream and downstream interlinks Churia and Tarai.
In partnership of MSFP, LSC has successfully completed a MSFP’s PES Implementing Approach at Watershed level in Dhanusha district from June 2014- July 2015
- Key filed activities of watershed – natural resources management are implemented as ‘Pilot’ PES interventions including
- 5 (five) local group/ institutions are strengthen its governance and contribution to formation of watershed level PES implementation mechanism.
- one commercial nursery is established and links between upstream and downstream is established through plantation, and linking to greenery initiatives to villages to settlement centers/ cities.
- 200 ha of natural forests in upstream are better managed.
- 5 ha forest in upstream is planted with trees and soil conserving species as demonstration.
- 5 ha of degraded/ disaster prone public, school and private land in downstream is planted for soil conservation and watershed.
- Tested practices of implementation level multi stakeholders’ mechanism (e.g. WMC) and key interventions for PES at watershed level is documented
In the partnership of Helvetas Swiss inter cooperation Nepal, LSC has successfully accomplished Jalaidh Riverbed Farming Promotion Project at 5 VDCs ( Digamberpur, TarapattiSirsiya, Gopalpur, Thera kachuri and Andupattikatarait) at Jalaidh watershed area in 2014 and 2015.
In partnership cooperation with CARE Nepal/ CHULI Program, the LSC has successfullyimplemented post project support to CHULI program (PPS-CHULI) for the period of one year from July 2013 to June 2014 in three districts- Dhanusha, Mahottari and Sarlahiwith focusing on components:
- Women Empowerment
- Capacity enhancement to women led cooperatives
Organize one day workshop on “Role of stakeholders for an effective implementation of laws on domestic violence control” in six disticts- Jhapa, Morang, Sunsari, Dhanusha, Mahottari and Sarlahi in the partnership of CARE Nepal, NFOWRCE and Women Right Forum, Dhanusha
Preparation of plan for promotion of NTFP (Jadibuti) in pocket area in Dhanusha district in association of District Plant Office, Dhanusha.
In partnership cooperation with CARE Nepal/JIWAN Program, the LSC implemented JIWAN Program activities for a period of one and half year from July 2011 to Dec 2012. The major activities were;
- Lok Pathshala,
- Rural Workers and Craft People,
- Group Partnership Program (GPP),
- Whole Watershed Management (WWM),
- Policy and Advocacy and
- Community–based Watershed Monitoring System Development